Thursday

Leaping Aussie



This is "Max", our leaping Aussie. He's my brother's dog and does this leaping thing every day whenever he's outside and we're coming to let him inside. I find it fairly impressive. Look at him. He's at least 2 feet off the ground and looking very athletic. He does this so much that his back end is getting really muscular and it's nearly out of proportion to the rest of his body.

I think we should put him in the doggie olympics for the high jump or train him to be a "Frisbee" dog. I used to be able to jump like this from a standstill. Of course I was 12 and could bounce around like a pogo stick. I don't bounce anymore. I tell myself that I'm far too mature to bounce around and besides bouncing is for dryer sheets, children and dogs.

I do enjoy watching Max leap. His enthusiasm, strength and sheer determination is an example to us all. Thank you for reminding the so called "mature" people that tenacity is a virtue. Go Max!

StumbleUpon
Share/Save/Bookmark