Monday

Dogs are My Heros

This pooch is having a great day. I wish I could still jump like that with pure joy and excitement. Well...I am generally excited about most things and I could jump like that, but then Advil would once again be my new best friend.

Dogs don't care about sore muscles. Everything they do seems to be their absolute favorite. If it's running through a field of flowers, chewing on the new pressed rawhide, getting a drink or taking a nap, they're there. Present with whatever they're doing. The epitome of "in the moment" or "in the now."

I'm relearning how to be "in the now." It's taking a lot of practice and dedication because for so long I've either been in the past or in the future. Stuck on what happened last night, last year or when I was 5. Looking at tomorrow, next week or 5 years from now. Anywhere other than right here, right now, in the moment. What am I avoiding is what I've been asking my self a lot lately.

The slight glimpses I've had over the past while of being in the now are great. Really awesome in fact. I hear everything. Smell everything. See everything. Feel clear and light. It's almost as if time slows for that moment. Very cool. I work at it every day. I also watch my dog zenning into her zone and take a lesson. Thank you beautiful canines.

I've had a few heros in my life. My daughter, my friends, a customer one time when I was a server. But my real heros are dogs. Being "in the now" is only 1 small lesson I'm learning from them. I'm paying attention and enjoying every moment by working at being in the present, in the now. Dogs may drool, but I think they rule.

StumbleUpon delicious button reddit logo blink logo Digg this story
Share/Save/Bookmark